Castle customers have all the evidence they need at their fingertips should OFSTED, the DVSA or Health and Safety enquire about their vehicles and drivers.
What many schools don’t necessarily understand, or anticipate, is that there is more to running a minibus than making that initial purchase decision – there are permits, maintenance requirements, training, assessments and important records to keep. We have worked hard to develop services and tools that enable schools to not only have safer vehicles and drivers but have the evidence that they do so close to hand.
Over 2000 of the UK’s schools chose, and stay with, Castle Minibus because we are Champions of Minibus Safety and empower our schools to be safer too. Here are just a few reasons why we are the industry leaders in size, service, and education when it comes to school minibuses and even our insurance broker partner agrees, with significant discounts, that Castle schools are safer.
- Castle are Ford UK`s largest school minibus customer, buying more Ford minibuses through our leasing partner than any other provider.
- Castle have won ‘Best Maintenance Provider’ from Arval Vehicle Leasing for 13 years consecutively. No other Leasing Broker holds this accolade.
- Castle have the largest fleet of minibuses for 12-month hire in the UK
- Castle are the only RAC approved used-minibus dealer in the UK, meaning we provide the highest standards of vehicle preparation including an RAC warranty on all used-vehicles
- Castle partner with national companies to provide on-site 10-week inspection checks required under the Section 19 Permit
- Castle will always recommend schools opt for factory-built 17 seat minibuses over converted vans and to be driven by trained D1 licence holders – even if it risks a sale, because we view this as the safest option.
Support and record-keeping
- Castle wrote and deliver the UK’s only Minibus Compliance Course (MCC) so schools could certify that they understand their obligations under a Section 19 Permit. The MCC is also approved by RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents).
- Castle developed a free app for schools to easily complete and record their daily and weekly vehicle checks, providing evidence for health and safety or DVSA inspections
- Castle has affordable online driver risk assessment software so schools can test and evidence their drivers are regularly assessed and have completed additional online training.
Our competitors may have similar vehicles and pricing but they won’t help you manage your fleet, educate your staff and evidence all these Section 19 Permit safety requirements so that when you have a health and safety, OFSTED or DVSA inspections you will have all the paperwork/evidence of your minibus safety at your fingertips.
Even if you don’t have your vehicle with Castle Minibus you can call our friendly team on 01869 253744 for more information about any of the safety services listed above.