You need a Section 19 Permit to operate a minibus if you do not have a PSV Operator’s licence. If you are not-for-profit or charity-status schools or organisation, you can apply to your local the Traffic Commissioner for a Permit provided you are not looking to profit from your vehicles or carry the general public.