12-month minibus hire is a great way for schools to solve the problem of additional vehicles without a long-term commitment. And it’s not just minibuses; you can hire vehicles including cars, vans and minibuses from Castle for 12 months or more.
We try to be as flexible as we can and can usually extend hire agreements to suit your changing needs. Our 12-month contracts are increasingly popular for schools that need an additional vehicle but are unsure of making a long-term commitment, perhaps to test out a new route to bring pupils into school. Self-drive minibus hire is proving increasingly popular as the needs of schools change.
- Fix the cost of hire over 12 months (as opposed to the varying prices of shorter-term hires)
- In most cases, a 17- seat minibus would be cheaper to hire for 12 months than regularly once or twice a week over 12 months
- No concerns about cleaning and sanitation with 12-month hire as the bus stays with you
- Use as much as you need in keeping with your agreed mileage allowance.
- Have an additional vehicle at your disposal for social distancing
- Fully maintained contract including annual MOT and Service
- Breakdown cover included
- 10-week safety inspections included for the duration
- 12 Months access to our online MCC course
- Prices start at just £570 + VAT (based on a 3 + 11 payment profile)
With Castle Minibus you’re in expert hands with our understanding of all that’s involved in hiring a school minibus or vehicle, the licences required, additional Section 19 Permits and insurance*. Our dedicated team will help you every step of the way.
After feedback from schools that they were struggling to get insurance for self-drive minibus or vehicle hire we are pleased to now be able to introduce you to James Brown and Sons for competitive insurance cover underwritten by First Insurance.
*Castle Minibus is not an insurance broker and acts solely as an introduction service for James Brown and Sons. We will happily arrange for you to speak with them to arrange your insurance policies.
Champions of Minibus Safety
Castle only provide factory-built minibuses, as opposed to light-weight vehicles that have been retro-fitted as minibuses to keep their weight down. Therefore, all drivers of vehicles with 17 seats supplied by Castle will need to have a D1 entitlement.
Reduce your insurance premiums
James Brown and Sons (Somerset) Ltd, recognise that a Castle Minibus client is less likely to have an incident because of Castle Minibus’ high safety standards, especially if they have completed the MCC. James Brown and Sons have negotiated insurance rates that reflect the reduced risk that holders of the MCC represent and even allow a further 10% discount for Castle customers. Read more about insurance