Castle Minibus is the only RAC approved used minibus dealer in the UK. This means that the RAC has the confidence in the used vehicles we sell to offer a 12-month warranty that includes roadside, at home and recovery assistance.
The vehicles we buy, the checks we make and the service we offer on our used sales is unparalleled in the industry, evidenced by our RAC approved dealer status. So, you can buy a used minibus from Castle Minibus with complete confidence.
All our used vehicles are also available to purchase or rent from 12 months+.
What does it mean to be an RAC approved dealer?
The RAC is the only used sales scheme that is Trading Standard Approved which means as an RAC approved dealer we are automatically ‘Trading Standards Approved’.
We are audited 6 times a year by the RAC and passed our last two inspections with full marks.
Bi-monthly audit on 18/03/2020 – 100 % Achieved
Annual audit on 06/01/2020 – 100% Achieved.
RAC warranties and breakdown cover
All our RAC warranties are for 12 months and are effective from the date of delivery. Each warranty includes 12-months breakdown cover, roadside, recovery and at home.
There is a postcard in your customer pack on delivery which you need to call to activate.
Depending on the age and mileage of your vehicle the warranties are:
- Platinum Plus – for vehicles of up to 6 years and 60,000 miles
- Platinum – for vehicles up to 8 years and 80,000 miles
- Gold – for vehicles up to 12 years and 120,000 miles
What vehicles do we sell?
Our top selling vehicles are the 9 seat (technically considered a car) and the 14 and 17 seat Ford Euro 5 minibuses.
The 14 seat Euro 5 is particularly popular because it has a GVW of 3500kg and so can be driven on a standard car licence (conditions apply under the Section 19 Permit).
The other most common vehicles we sell are the 12 seat Ford Transit Euro 6, wheel accessible minibuses and the Ford Transit 17 seat Euro 6 minibus.
Fords are the safest vehicle on the road, and we recommend them to any school considering a minibus (read more on Ford safety)
Where do our used vehicles come from?
We have a large fleet of vehicles leased by schools and at the end of the lease we purchase that vehicle to sell on. Castle have looked after these lease vehicles from new, ensuring they have the required service, MOTs and checks so we know their full service history.
If you have a lease vehicle and come to the end of your contract you have the option to buy that vehicle from us.
Rental Fleet vehicles
Our rental fleet are vehicles that Castle own and rent from 12 months to schools. Often Castle will know the service history of these vehicles from new as they are commonly former leasing vehicles. Our rental vehicle fleet is more varied in ages and mileages and are often sold to churches or scout groups.
What is included with every used Castle Minibus sale?
- Interim Service
- 82 Point RAC Check (read more)
- 12 Months RAC Warranty (up to 12 years / 120,000 miles)
- 12 Months RAC Breakdown Cover
- 12 Months Safety Inspections – 10 Weekly (required with your Permit)
- Logo and Livery
- Castle Safety Pack including
- Free Nationwide Delivery
- HPI Check (a Hire Purchase Investigation produces a report that provides information about a vehicle’s history, mainly if it has outstanding finance, or if it is written off or stolen or clocked)
- For a vehicle with wheelchair access. LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations) which are a set of regulations designed to make lifting operations, and the use of lifting equipment, as safe as can be.
Castle are Champions of Minibus Safety, so we also include.
Where can you see our used vehicles for sale?
All our used vehicles are listed on our website castleminibus.co.uk/buy-a-minibus/latest-used-minibuses and we include as much information as we can on the vehicle including
- Image gallery
- Video walk around
- Technical data
- Safety features
If you are interested in any of the vehicles, then simply get in touch to arrange a viewing or secure your chosen vehicle with a deposit.
How does the buying process work?
- Once we have received a reservation form, we will raise an invoice, payable in 7 days, to secure your vehicle of choice.
- We sort any additional extras that might be needed e.g. tow bar
- We start the artwork process, asking you for logos and desired livery
- Organize the V5 document
- Start to create your owner’s pack including RAC Breakdown postcard, warranty booklet and RAC used sale code of practice booklet.
Vehicle preparation and appraisal
- We carry out a vehicle appraisal and pre-delivery check to ensure everything is in order.
- We add new number plates to the vehicle
- Arrange for RAC Check, MOT and Interim Service (paperwork is then added to the owner’s pack with the HPI report)
- Have the vehicle fully valeted
- Arrange for logo and livery to be applied
Once the preparation process is complete (and the invoice has been paid) we will look to schedule delivery for as soon as possible.
We aim to make deliveries as quickly and cost effectively as possible. From reservation through to the delivery process we bear in mind the delivery of your vehicle and will try to give you a provisional date a week or two ahead of time.
We deliver the vehicle with roughly ¼ tank of fuel so you can get on the road immediately.
Our professional vehicle delivery team will hand over the vehicle with all the relevant paperwork, at which point you assume full ownership and responsibility.
A new keeper slip is provided on handover, but we can send a copy in advance if requested.
Once delivery is completed Castle set up the RAC warranty which will be emailed to you.
What you will need to do
You will need to tax your new minibus as we will deliver it with dealer plates. If you use on street parking for your vehicles you will need to tax the vehicle before/as soon as handover is complete.
You will need to complete and return a copy of the RAC warranty so that we can hold this on record
You will also need to activate your RAC Breakdown Cover from the information supplied on the postcard in your owner’s pack.
Buy with Confidence
There is no other minibus dealer in the UK that offers such a comprehensive package for schools. We will take care of everything from vehicle checks, to logo and livery to delivery and even driver and compliance education. We will even part-exchange or buy your old minibus, whatever its condition.
Castle customers also receive an insurance discount with our insurance partner James Brown and Sons who recognise that Castle vehicles and the schools who are Castle compliance customers are safer and less likely to have an incident.
If you are interested in buying, leasing or renting a vehicle of any size please get in touch with our friendly team who will talk you through your options on 01869 253744 or firstname.lastname@example.org